WE ARE CURRENTLY OPEN TO THE PUBLIC TWO DAYS A WEEK – EVERY TUESDAY & FRIDAY FROM 9.30am-2.30pm.
WE HAVE RE-STARTED SELECTED GROUPS (see our What’s on Page)
Once again, residents can return books and do some shelf-browsing.
You can once again use the computers (though you must reserve a slot) and there is now a special study-space, with PC, for students. And the printers are again usable.
ALSO, THERE ARE STILL NO FINES ON OVERDUE BOOKS.
SOME THINGS CONTINUE. OUR ‘PHONE-BUDDY’ SERVICE WILL STILL BE OPERATING, AS WILL DELIVERIES TO THE HOUSEBOUND; AND OUR VOLUNTEERS ARE STILL MANNING OUR PHONE LINE AND RESPONDING TO EMAILS.
We can also help advise you about other support systems that are available if you are feeling isolated. Please just phone.
- Don’t know exactly what you want? Contact us and we will happily select from the types of books you suggest and/or authors you like, and we can even be age-specific if you ask for that – just request a ‘book-selection bag’.
- OR Try pot luck, with a ‘Grab & Go’ selection of (slightl random) books that are already bundled-up, for anyone to take away.
Please keep our volunteer staff safe by following the current government guidelines.
For regular updates on the situation, please see our Facebook page
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
The Blythe Centre is a volunteer-run, locally-managed community centre & library in Blythe Bridge at the southern end of the city of Stoke on Trent.
If you would like to join our team of volunteers, click here for more information.
If you would like monthly email-alerts about our activities at Blythe Centre, please click on the ‘FOLLOW’ button in the right-hand column of this page. To read our latest bulletin, please click here.
As well as all this, we also email out a quarterly electronic newsletter; if you would like to receive that as well, email us and… just ask!
Services & Facilities
Your services at the centre:
- Normal library services – borrowing and reserving books, and more. Deliveries to the housebound are available
- Community clubs – slowly returning!
- Parent & baby/toddler sessions (click for our events list)
- Free wi-fi
- Free use of five computers (please phone ahead if you wish to book)
- Classes, in subjects from languages to first-aid (click here for our events list)
- Use of large space for meetings/performances (click here for how-to-hire)
- Use of small space for meetings (click here for how-to-hire)
- Meeting Room – maximum 6 people (click here for how-to-hire)
- Public events, open to all (click here for our events list)
- Use of our rooms for functions (click here for how-to-hire)
- Art Gallery space, and Presentation Cases (click here for how-to-hire)
- A public relaxation area, with hot drinks and sweets vending machines
- Disabled toilet
- Printing / Scanning / Photocopying / Binding / Laminating
- Book sales
- Leaflets-rack & notice-board for tourist information and local information
For opening hours, our address, the history of the centre, contact details and more, please click About
To find how to get involved with the project and work with us, click here for more information.