NATIONAL LOCKDOWN — February 2021
UPDATE: The centre will be closed on Friday 19th February and perhaps into the following week. Please check our Facebook page for the latest updates.
WHEN WE CAN, WE WILL RE-OPEN, ON EVERY TUESDAY & FRIDAY FROM 9.30am-2.30pm, FOR ‘FOYER SERVICES’, MEANING NO ACCESS INTO THE MAIN LIBRARY AREA (EXCEPT FOR STAFF).
We are allowed topen because libraries are deemed ‘essential services’ – even in Lockdown.
LIBRARY-MEMBERS CAN STILL BORROW BOOKS; AND CAN PICK THEM UP FROM OUR ENTRANCE.*
UNLESS RETURNED FIRST, OVERDUE BOOKS ARE BEING AUTOMATICALLY RENEWED.
OUR ‘PHONE-BUDDY’ SERVICE WILL STILL BE OPERATING, AS WILL DELIVERIES TO THE HOUSEBOUND; AND OUR VOLUNTEERS ARE STILL MANNING OUR PHONE LINE AND RESPONDING TO EMAILS.
* We ask you not to just turn up at the library but to order books first via the Staffs Libraries Catalogue website, or email us, or phone us on 01782 485269, or send a message over BlytheCentre Facebook. We will let you know when the books you’ve ordered are ready for collection.
Space in the foyer is limited to one household. Please wait outside if you see someone else in the foyer. Please wear a mask inside the foyer.
- Don’t know exactly what you want? Contact us and we will happily select from the types of books you suggest and/or authors you like. OR Try pot luck, with a ‘Grab & Go’ selection of books that are already bundled-up, for anyone to take away.
- Our photocopying services are still available BUT we advise a phone call before visiting, for a safer, quicker service.
- We can also help advise you about other support systems that are available. Please just phone.
- Currently, our public computers are not available.
Please keep our volunteer staff safe by following the current guidelines.
For regular updates on the situation, please see our Facebook page
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
The Blythe Centre is a voluntary-run, locally-managed community centre & library in Blythe Bridge at the southern end of the city of Stoke on Trent.
If you would like to join our team of volunteers, click here for more information.
If you would like monthly email-alerts about our activities at Blythe Centre, please click on the ‘FOLLOW’ button in the right-hand column of this page. To read our latest bulletin, please click here.
As well as all this, we also email out a monthly digital newsletter; if you would like to receive that as well, email us and… just ask!
Services & Facilities
Your services at the centre under normal circumstances are:
- Normal library services – borrowing and reserving books, and more. Deliveries to the housebound are available
- Community clubs – in pastimes from Warhammer to Chess to Quilting!
- Parent & baby/toddler sessions (click here for our events list)
- Free wi-fi
- Free use of five computers (please phone ahead if you wish to book)
- Classes, in subjects from languages to first-aid (click here for our events list)
- Use of large space for meetings/performances (click here for how-to-hire)
- Use of small space for meetings (click here for how-to-hire)
- Meeting Room – maximum 6 people (click here for how-to-hire)
- Public events, open to all (click here for our events list)
- Use of our rooms for functions (click here for how-to-hire)
- Art Gallery space, and Presentation Cases (click here for how-to-hire)
- A public relaxation area, with hot drinks and sweets vending machines
- Disabled toilet
- Printing / Scanning / Photocopying / Binding / Laminating
- Book sales
- Leaflets-rack & notice-board for tourist information and local information
For opening hours, our address, the history of the centre, contact details and more, please click About
To find how to get involved with this project and work with us, click here for more information.